Thursday, September 30, 2010

Print Lovers and Playas

I admit there are certain trend bandwagons I jump on but I have always been a print lover. I still remembered the day I discovered the print king, Pucci, I was 15 and I worked as a sales assistant at cotton on and with my 1st pay check I bought some leather beaded sandals and my 1st Italian vogue. I remember opening and being mesmerized by the colours, beading and beautiful Amazonian woman... faaaark, if anyone knows colour it's the Italians.
So you can image how I've been struggling the past 2 seasons with beige, pastels, beige, floral, beige, black, beige, whites, beige, beige, beige being the key trend. Yes it can look urethral and pretty, don't get me wrong, I like minimal too but really at the end of the day beige is beige and nobody can say otherwise. I mean there have been a few prints like all that amazing Mcqueen graphical stuff, animal print has sky rocketed and I feel like the world has being trying to shove floral down my throat... but I hear myself asking where has the colour gone? Like you know, those obscenely bright, multicoloured prints, the oranges, the bright purples, the lime greens, the yellows, the hot pinks...oh I miss you hot pink! I went to an after party at Sydney fashion week wearing my good friend hot pink and peeps be hating because I dained to wear something not black or eggshell, fuck you eggshell!! Sorry... this subject really got me fired up, sensetiva...
Well in true trend style, what’s in one day is out the next or in this case what’s out one day is back in so I can happily report that, DUN, DUN, DUUUUN... prints and colour are as back as Lilo in jail!
We can always rely on the wickedness of  Proenza Schouler, Christopher Kane, Missoni, Rag and Bone, Holly Fulton, Mara Hofman to deliver quality colour but even the likes of Jil Sander, Burberry Prorsum and Marni who have previously usually delivered very subtle colours and minimal to NO prints are dipping the fingers in it.
Take a look at some of my favourite colourful looks.
Christopher Kane - Resort
 
Back stage at Proenza Schouler
Missoni - Resort
Mara Hofman                                             Blake Lively in Marchesa                             Rag and Bone

No comments:

Post a Comment